Music and lyrics have a magical quality that endear themselves to your heart. The emotions behind songs go well beyond the surface and touch the people who listen to them. Once an artist shares his creative work with the public, it ceases to be his, taking on personal depths he never thought possible during the creation process. More and more music lovers look up lyrics online the first time they hear a good song because they want to memorize the words to the songs they love. The Internet has made it easier than ever before for music fans to share the lyrics and music that define them. Listed below are 5 ways you can make the most out of your online music experience.
1. Grooveshark: This site allows you to stream any song you want for free and create and save online playlists. Use this to compose the soundtrack for your life.
2. Last.fm and Rhapsody: These sites provide free streaming music and also suggest new music you might like based on your preferences. You can also link your friends to specific songs and share the music you love.
3. Pandora: This site acts as your own personalized DJ. You specify an artist or song you like, and it creates a custom radio station, offering songs that are selected based on sophisticated algorithms that take into account the styles of instrumentation and vocals you like.
4. Reddit.com/r/Music and Digg.com/Music: These social news sites are constantly updated with the hottest topics of discussion in the music industry. Check them out and stay on top of what’s happening with your favorite artists.
5. LyricsG: If you love the lyrics as much as the melodies, then this is the place to go to run a lyrics phrase search and find out more about song meanings. You can even play YouTube music videos alongside the lyrics, ensuring that you don’t miss a word of your favorite song. Official videos, live performances, and radio spots are also available, ready to be played with a click of the mouse. LyricsG also allows you to discuss song meanings and how you interpret a song. This site is a great way to stay connected and delve deeper into the lyrics that define you.
If all you are doing for your music fix is listening to the radio or buying from iTunes, then you are definitely shortchanging yourself. Use one or all of the services above, and as Don Henley once sang, get down to the heart of the matter. Your online music experience will be the better for it.